We’re looking for a backend developer to join our team
Scientific EdTech is developing the next-gen gamified, digital learning tool for teaching math to 7-9 year old children across the world. Our core mission is to improve primary school education and thus provide every student with a stronger foundation for facing the challenges of higher education. This is our journey, and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
If you’re interested in science, psychology, learning, and games, we’d say that you already have a few things in common with us. Scientific EdTech was founded with the intention to help others by using extensive knowledge in the above fields. As a company, we put great emphasis on positive teamwork while working hard to make a change. Would you like to join us in changing how the children of today and the future learn math? Great, let’s get to the details!
We are looking for a full-time backend developer to be one of the first members in our development team in Lund, Sweden. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to be involved in the whole process – from design to development and production – shaping our new architecture and developing services that will help many learners around the world.
We’re looking for a skilled hacker who loves problem solving and creative thinking. Your key responsibilities would be:
- Creating a scalable, user-centric application server targeted for a global market
- Building modular and secure backend services that power our flagship product and service, consisting of web UIs and cross-platform client for tablet computers
- Work closely within a small development team to resolve any issues during development phases
We’d like you to have a mix of the following:
- Development experience using ASP.NET Core, C#, Python, SQL, REST
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Experience with cloud solutions
- Experience with relational databases (SQL, MySQL)
- Experience with Agile methodologies and source control
- Good understanding of front end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, ReactJS, Angular
- Strong object oriented skills
- Sense of usability
- BA/BS in Computer Science or similar
The position is planned to start in August-September, but that is open for discussion.
Please submit your application to Henrik Rosvall by email and we’ll get in touch soon! In case you have any questions regarding the position, please don’t hesitate to contact us.